Dexter Industries builds robot kits to make learning how to program interesting and accessible to everyone!
We offer FREE 60-day TEACHER TRIAL kits. Learn more here: www.dexterindustries.com/DexterEd
Announcing our newest curriculum, GoBoxEd (www.dexterindustries.com/GoBox-Ed), which comes with 12 “missions” to accomplish with your GoPiGo robot car.
The GoPiGo (www.dexterindustries.com/GoPiGo) is a complete Raspberry Pi Robot Car. GoPiGo can be programmed in beginner languages like Scratch (Check out GoBoxEd), but is also used by advanced engineers at Google who developed the Google Cloud Vision API (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eve8DkkVdhI).
BrickPi replaces the brain (EV3/NXT) of LEGO MINDSTORMS with the Raspberry Pi so you can untether it from the cable, connect it to the internet, and program in Scratch, Java, C++, Python and more! www.dexterindustries.com/BrickPi
GrovePi is our “Internet of Things” kit. Used by Amazon Web Services to develop a neat beverage tracking app, and by elementary schools to make their own weather station and plant monitoring station. www.dexterindustries.com/GrovePi
Questions? Please contact:
The Computer Science Teachers Association, in partnership with LifeJourney, the leader in cybersecurity and STEM online career exploration, recently announced
the launch of a strategic professional development program to better equip educators for teaching cybersecurity in the classroom and thus positively impact the nation’s cyber skills gap. The CSTA program is called the Cyber Teacher Certificate professional development program.
“I strongly encourage all educators in our membership to register for and complete the Cyber Teacher Certificate program,” said Dr. Mark Nelson, Executive Director of CSTA. “CSTA suggests that all members should make it a priority for professional development in 2016.”
Demand for cybersecurity professionals is growing twelve times faster than the overall job market, while at the same time, with student interest in cybersecurity surging, more than 64% of Millennials say their educational institution does not have courses that would allow them to explore their interest in cyber.
The Cyber Teacher PD Certificate Program includes:
- An online cybersecurity mentorship platform (the NSA Day of Cyber) that teachers run in the classroom, featuring NSA cybersecurity leaders as role models to the the nation’s students.
- Eight (8) hours of documented Continuing Education Units (CEUs) endorsed by the Computer Science Teachers Association, the recognized leader in offering current and relevant professional development content for computer science teachers.
- Training and mastery of “Fundamentals of Cyber”, an online course utilizing revolutionary adaptive learning techniques.
- Ability to easily extend your cybersecurity syllabus beyond the NSA Day Of Cyber classroom experience. Each mentor in the NSA Day Of Cyber is matched with corresponding lesson plans exemplifying the skills necessary for students to pursue the spotlighted careers.
- Ability to take the instructional Cyber Teacher Journey and see how others are using NSA Day Of Cyber and training materials in the classroom.
- Membership in the Cyber Teacher Association, the most important new association for educators united in creating the next Cyber Generation. Enjoy membership and collaboration in a community of your cyber educator peers.
The Cyber Teacher Certificate Program is NOW Available for CSTA Members
The Cyber Teacher Certificate Program is a helpful proof-of-concept for our CPD Pipeline model. With this type of novel approach to teacher PD we can better support more teachers, further strengthening the overall K-12 CS ecosystem and ensuring better access to quality CS education for all kids.
Read press coverage of CSTA’s launch of the Cyber Teacher Certificate program at this link
*At this time, this program is only available in the US. An international version will be available later this year and we will advise you when it is available.
Dash & Dot by Wonder Workshop are the most fun way to bring STEM and coding to life for students in grades 1-6. Register to start a club before July 10 for a chance to win:
1) $10,000 grant for your district
2) Dash & Dot robotics set for your class
3) T-shirts for you and your students
Register here: https://clubs.makewonder.com/
What is the Wonder League?
The Wonder League inspires the creators of tomorrow through robotics and coding. Students in Grades 1-6 compete every year in the worldwide Wonder League Robotics Competition, the first of its kind for elementary school students. Last year, thousands of teams came together to code for gold.
You can make a difference by starting a movement in your school today. No experience required!
Learn more about the Wonder League: http://clubs.makewonder.com/